LOST A pet? FOUND A PET?
Does your pet have a license that has been registered for FREE with Pethub?
If so, let them know your pet is missing by calling 855-411-0123 or log into your PetHub account.
HERE ARE SOME ADDITIONAL STEPS TO TAKE IF YOU've LOST OR FOUND A PET:
Steps to take if you’ve FOUND someone’s pet, and are interested in holding on to the pet to try and locate its owner:
- Call Animal Care & Control to file a “Found Report” at 509-662-9577 or complete the form below.
- Email a picture of the found pet to WVHS@wenatcheehumane.org
- Have the pet scanned for a microchip at any vet clinic or at the shelter
- Ask around in your neighborhood. Someone may be looking for their pet, and you may come across them or someone who knows about it and can give you contact information.
- Craigslist.org, Wenatchee World, & the Little Nickle all have free found ads
- Once the owner has been located contact WVHS to cancel the “Found Report”
- Found animals from Chelan or Douglas County can be brought to the Wenatchee Valley Humane Society, if at any point you can no longer hold on to them.
Steps to take when you’ve LOST a pet:
- Start looking! Don’t assume your missing companion will be back in a day or two, has been stolen, or has “gone off to die.” Begin your search as soon as you realize your pet is missing. Pets tend to be territorial and often keep within a 5 house radius. Ask neighbors, look under porches, call out. You may need to do this for more than a day. Scared pets will stay mute until they begin to calm down from being in an unfamiliar place, or get hungry enough to come out from hiding.
- Call Animal Care & Control to file a “Lost Report” at 509-662-9577 or complete the form below.
- Post signs and talk to neighbors to see if your pet has been seen.
- Craigslist.org, Wenatchee World, & the Little Nickle all have free lost ads
- Visit the shelter every 2-3 days to view found pets
- Watch our website www.wenatcheehumane.org/lost-pets to view animals in custody as well as found ads from people in our community
- Once you pet has been found contact WVHS to cancel the “Lost Report”