Animal Care Technician (WVHS)
Wenatchee Valley Humane Society is hiring part-time Animal Care Technicians!
- Understand and support the principles and objectives of animal welfare.
- Enthusiastic about serving the public with a consistent positive mental attitude.
- Able to work as a team and accept direction and constructive criticism.
- Good grooming and personal hygiene.
- High school diploma. Shelter or animal control experience is preferred.
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and maintain composure under stress.
- Must pass medical, physical and drug screening tests.
- Able to safely lift and carry 75 pounds.
- Minimum 21 years old. Willing to work holidays and weekends.
- Maintenance skills are a plus.
- Act as a team member, show enthusiasm and help other staff and volunteers.
- Provide quality animal care to give humane protection and treatment of animals.
- Feed, groom, and exercise animals to develop healthy, adoptable pets. Cage, tag, and vaccinate impounded animals. Microchip adopted animals.
- Clean and disinfect cages, kennels, and food dishes to meet written standards.
- Fill out paperwork accurately, completely, and on time. Respect other staffs' work space.
- Prioritize and use good time management to increase efficiency.
- Follow protocol for sick animals and movement of animals around the shelter.
- Act safely at all times to prevent accidents and injuries. Clean up after yourself.
- Responsible for maintenance of all buildings and grounds. Keep equipment and fixtures in safe working order. Responsible for removing and recycling shelter waste.
- Provide excellent customer service to increase adoptions and redemptions, build credibility, and increase the number of customers. Smile and be pleasant, courteous and sensitive to customers at all times. Be polite and firm without losing your composure.
- Act as a role model for other employees. Prioritize customer service above projects.
- Follow policies and procedures with consistency and good judgment.
- Be knowledgeable about our services and history to answer customers' questions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit completed application and resume to Kelly at email@example.com
Application is required and can be downloaded and printed by clicking here. Please submit completed application and resume to 1474 S. Wenatchee Ave., Wenatchee, WA 98801.