All positions are currently filled at Animal Care & Control and Club Pet.
Wenatchee Valley Humane Society is currently hiring for the following position:
Wenatchee Valley Humane Society
JOB TITLE: Animal Care Technician (part-time)
SUPERVISOR: Shelter Manager
- Understand and support the principles and objectives of animal welfare.
- Enthusiastic about serving the public with a consistent positive mental attitude.
- Able to work as a team and accept direction and constructive criticism. Good grooming and personal hygiene.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills. Can type and keep records.
- High school diploma. Shelter or animal control experience is preferred.
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and maintain composure under stress.
- Must pass a background check to meet DEA standards. Ability to be certified for euthanasia and legend drug use. Must pass medical, physical and drug screening tests.
- Able to safely lift and carry 75 pounds, including dead and live animals.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and apply applicable laws and regulations.
- Must have a valid Washington State driver’s license. Good driving record.
- Minimum 21 years old. Willing to work holidays and weekends.
- Act as a team member, show enthusiasm and help other staff and volunteers.
- Provide quality animal care to give humane protection and treatment of animals.
- Feed, groom, and exercise animals to develop healthy, adoptable pets. Cage, tag, and vaccinate impounded animals. Microchip adopted animals.
- Euthanize animals in a humane and professional manner
- Clean and disinfect cages, kennels, and food dishes to meet written standards.
- Carefully check all animals for diseases and injuries on a daily basis.
- Fill out paperwork accurately, completely, and on time. Respect other staffs’ workspace.
- Prioritize and use good time management to increase efficiency. Promptly report deficiencies and suggest improvements to your supervisor.
- Follow protocol for sick animals and movement of animals around the shelter.
- Act safely at all times to prevent accidents and injuries. Clean up after yourself.
- Responsible for maintenance of all buildings and grounds. Keep equipment and fixtures in safe working order. Responsible for removing and recycling shelter waste.
- Provide excellent customer service to increase adoptions and redemptions, build credibility, and increase the number of customers. Smile and be pleasant, courteous and sensitive to customers at all times. Be polite and firm without losing your composure.
- Act as a role model for other employees. Prioritize customer service above projects.
- Follow policies and procedures with consistency and good judgment.
- Understand, interpret, and apply applicable laws and regulations.
- Be knowledgeable about our services and history to answer customers’ questions.
- Other duties as assigned.
The qualifications listed above are representative of those required, but reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Please submit application and resume to: email@example.com. All completed applications submitted are held on file for 90 days.