You may access codification of the general ordinances of the City of Chelan, WA on-line by clicking on the following link: Chelan City Code. Note: the City Clerks Office has the official version of the Chelan City Code.

The Chelan City Hall is located at 135 E. Johnson in Chelan. Phone is (509) 682-4037. For more contact information for the City of Chelan click here.

For Washington State Laws refer to the Revised Code of Washington website.


The following are some of the basic animal control ordinances for the City of Chelan.

Pet owners are required to provide animals with necessary food, water, shelter, sanitation, space and medical attention if needed.

Leash law applies when off your own property. Note: streets and sidewalks are public property.

Barking and whining habitually throughout the day or night is not allowed. The Wenatchee Valley Animal Control officers handle these calls.

Feces must be cleaned up every 24 hours on your property.

Defecating on public property. You are required to clean up all dog feces that your dog(s) produces while off your property. Carry a plastic bag(s) at all times and dispose of in a proper waste container.

Licensing your dog is required annually at age 4 months and up. Dog and cat license expire one year from the month of purchase. Please renew before expiration date to avoid a late fee. Licenses are obtained at the Wenatchee Humane Society during regular business hours. Click here for licensing information & costs.

Cats are allowed to roam the neighborhood. Your neighbors have the right to insist your cats stay off their property.

Rabies vaccinations for all animals must be kept current.

Kennel registration is required if owning more than 3 dogs and 3 cats per home. Kennel registration can only be obtained through Animal Control at the Wenatchee Valley Humane Society. Please call (509) 662-9577.

School grounds are off limits to dogs at all times.