Animal Control Dispatcher/License Enforcement Support
The duties of Animal Control Dispatcher/License Enforcement Support include, but are not limited to the following:
- Receive calls/complaints from the public or other law enforcement agencies and route or dispatch complaints or requests for information to the appropriate personnel or agency in response.
- Operate computer system, telephone system, office equipment.
- Monitor status and location of Animal Control Officers and maintain accurate activity log for each.
- Assist field personnel by researching automated and manual records such as pet licenses, reverse directory and complaint database.
- Process and enter license data into computer system.
- Maintain and update field records and complaints for Animal Control Officers.
- Receive license follow up information from officers and conclude those calls appropriately, through licensing compliance or issuance of citations.
- Provide prompt, polite service to the public and offer educational solutions to problems, when applicable.
- Research and contact owners of found animals (if the officer is unable); contact appropriate veterinarian for owner information from rabies tags; contact front office staff to update intake status form for that animal.
- Perform other duties as required.
Applicant must have the ability to:
Communicate effectively in person and over the telephone; obtain information, determine priorities and exercise good judgment in stressful situations; input data; utilize computer and communication equipment; read and correctly interpret maps, directories, and other information to determine the location of service requests and available field personnel; spell correctly and write legibly; type at least 30 words per minute, comprehend written and oral instructions; keep accurate records and work effectively with persons of varying socio-economic backgrounds in emergency and non-emergency situations
Must pass pre-employment drug test, and criminal background check for law enforcement commission.
Mail application to PO Box 1965, Wenatchee WA 98807, or apply in-person at 1474 S. Wenatchee Ave., Monday through Friday, between 11:00 am and 6:00 pm, and Saturday and Sunday 11:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Application is required and can be downloaded and printed by clicking here. Please submit completed application and resume to 1474 S. Wenatchee Ave., Wenatchee, WA 98801.