If no answer, leave a detailed message with a call back number. An officer will promptly return your call.

Animal Care & Control

Wenatchee Valley Animal Care & Control provides services for the Cities of Cashmere, Chelan, East Wenatchee, Entiat, Rock Island, Wenatchee, the town of Waterville and Chelan & Douglas Counties.


To help protect the safety and well-being of the citizens and animals of our jurisdictions through compassion, education and law enforcement.


From 7 am to 10 pm Animal Care & Control Officers are available to assist with all domestic animal control complaints with the exception of the City of Cashmere and Entiat, service is from 8 am to 5 pm only. Call (509) 662-9577 (ext. 1) to reach a Wenatchee Valley Animal Control Officer. Calls received after 5pm will be held until the next day for the City of Cashmere and Entiat.

After 10 pm until 7am Animal Care & Control Officers are available to assist with emergency situations, injured animals and aggressive animals/public safety issues. Call (509) 662-9577 to reach an Animal Care & Control Officer.


What to do if you suspect an animal is being abused or neglected, or you have another animal control issue: First, get as much information as possible about exactly what is occurring: Type of animal(s), color, breed, what the animal may be doing and owner's name & address of where the animal lives if known. If owner information is unknown, you should still report the incident. Call the Wenatchee Valley Animal Care & Control at (509) 662-9577 to reach an Animal Care & Control Officer.


Animal Ordinances by local jurisdiction - Click one of the following jurisdictions to view applicable animal ordinances. City of Wenatchee, City of East Wenatchee, City of Cashmere, City of Entiat, City of Chelan, City of Rock Island, Waterville Town Limits, Chelan County, Douglas County.


Pet Licensing click here for requirements and costs.

Lost or Found Pet?

If you have lost or found a pet, please report it during business hours. Call (509) 662-9577 for assistance. A frightened or lost animal can fall victim to busy streets, extreme weather, animal fights, or disease. Wenatchee Valley Animal Care & Control encourages you to provide your pet with visible identification as well as permanent microchip identification. Click here to see if we may have record of your pet being turned in to us.


Animal Care & Control Officers may or may not respond to livestock at large complaints depending on jurisdiction but will investigate cruelty and neglect cases involving livestock. For areas Animal Control Officers do not cover, Sheriff’s Department may be able to assist.

General Points

Pet owners are required to provide animals with necessary food, water, shelter, sanitation, space, ventilation and medical attention if needed. Animals can not be tethered on sidewalks, in alleys or any other place open to the public. All city, county and state parks require pets to be leashed for the safety of all park users.

Pets in Vehicle Safety

If your pet rides in the vehicle with you the safest place is in the cab or pickup bed with a canopy. If your pet rides in the back of an open truck bed they are safest in a secure crate. Should you tether your pet in an open pickup bed be certain they are secure and the tether is not long enough to allow them over the side of the pickup bed.

Summer can be deadly for your pet

If left in your vehicle for even 10 minutes on a hot day, it can be deadly for your pet. Temperatures can reach 160 degrees in minutes, hot enough to cause heat stroke, permanent brain damage or even death. Leaving the windows cracked won’t cool the car enough to protect your pet. Of course your pet would like to go with you, but when the weather turns warm, better park your pet at home! Make sure your pet has plenty of water at all times. If left outside your pet(s) will need shelter so they can get out of the sun and have a cool place to rest.

Wildlife Complaints

Animal Care & Control does not handle wildlife complaints in any capacity. This includes raccoons, skunks, deer, wild birds, coyotes, etc., you will need to contact the Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife at (509) 662-0452 or visit their website at wdfw.wa.gov for more information.